Labels

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Yes, this is really happening!

It has been just over a month since we accepted our referral.  Although we have come out of our initial "shock", I still think that I need to pinch myself on most days.  A good friend laughed at me when I told her I didn't believe this was really happening. I want to share so many things, particularly our referral day (as many fellow adoptive parents love to hear, I have learned), but frankly I have not had the time to gather all of my thoughts and communicate the day that changed our lives.  We have been busy thinking of everything we need to do to prepare for two more children.  Overwhelming to say the least, but in such a good way.  We (all 5 of us) are so excited that we can't stand it.  Clay keeps asking when we are going to adopt, if it is going to be Friday.  He is ready for his brother.  Below is a picture of his new bunk bed.  He has claimed the top but I have a feeling the two of them will be squeezed together up there for a while. 



In addition to home renovations, evidence that this adoption really is happening is that the Preliminary Court Hearing (PH) is scheduled for tomorrow, June 3rd.  After this takes place the judge will assign a court date for us to attend.  We have been told that this date is typically 4-6 weeks after the first court hearing.  We have also gathered that most people receive this date 1-2 weeks after the PH.  So we hope to hear in a couple weeks that we will be traveling to Ethiopia very soon!  Like my dear friend told me, I better get ready, because this IS happening.

We appreciate your prayers for a smooth and "typical" process.  We are reminded that we have no control over what happens in court tomorrow or for the rest of this process.  But we know without a doubt that God led us here and he will carry us and our future children through it all. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways
 
acknowledge him and he will make your path straight."  Proverbs 3:5,6           

1 comment:

  1. The room is looking great, Julie! Hopefully it won't be too much longer until you are going back to bring your kiddos home, I'm sure you are all busting at the seams with excitement...and love!

    ReplyDelete